Beginning as a vibrant New Jersey shore resort community in 1870, Asbury Park has set trends and produced cultural icons throughout the 20th century. Legendary Asbury Park has played a significant role in people’s memories of summer fun and the very best of what a tightly knit creative community can be. Because Asbury Park is historically charismatic and culturally appealing, the current renaissance is a logical continuation of a century of challenges, revival and growth. In Asbury Park’s downtown and new boardwalk, the pulse of activity is visible with many new restaurants, galleries and shops. Old buildings being reclaimed, renovated and restored are attracting homebuyers and investors from across the nation. Come to visit our beloved “City by the Sea”.
Spotlight on: Asbury Park!
Asbury Park is a favorite in our office, and for good reason. With its rich musical heritage, vibrant night life, active civic-minded community, and amazing restaurants, what’s not to love? And the architecture! Where else can you find charming Victorian homes just down the street from chic modern condos?
Some don’t-miss hot spots on your next trip to “The City By The Sea”:
- Start your morning with coffee from Asbury Park Roastery. Get your free trade organic caffeine buzz on!
- Bring your best buddy to the 8th Ave dog beach or Yappy Hour to run off some energy and socialize.
- Go antiquing on Cookman Ave and stop at Twisted Tree for some vegan cookies or have a beer at Brickwall Tavern or the Bond Street Bar. Hey, you’ll be in our neighborhood! Stop by and say hi!
- Bring your foodie friends to Jimmy’s Italian Restaurant, Taka, Langosta Lounge, or Porta for a dinner they won’t forget.
- Dance the night away at Paradise (if you like club music). If dancing’s not your thing, catch an art movie at the Showroom or feel very sophisticated at Watermark.
- The next day, make sure you stop by Frank’s Deli. You will see 90% of your potential neighbors if you sit there long enough. And grab an open booth if no one else is waiting for it! There’s no maitre’d.